Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 11:50:33 +0200
From: Harald Arnesen <linux@...gtun.org>
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
Cc: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>, linux@...mhuis.info,
 ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: Bricked Thinkpad x220 with 6.12-rc0

Pavel Machek [2024-09-26 22:52:29]:

> Hi!
>
>>> When I press power button, it starts producing some noise (hdd
>>> spinning up), but power light goes pulsating, not on, and I stare at
>>> black screen.
>> No beep?
> No beep. And no beep when I tried booting with RAM removed.

Just some random thoughts, probably not very helpful:

I assume you have tried pushing F1, F12 or the ThinkVantage Button
during boot?

Remove and re-insert all ram.

Especially if it has an i7 processor, could it be overheating? Try
removing the heat sink and apply new thermal grease (and clean the fan,
of course).

I have one of these machines myself, never had any problem with it.
--
Hilsen Harald