Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 19:56:11 +0000
From: Joe Damato <jdamato@...tly.com>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc: Joe Damato <jdamato@...tly.com>,
	Arthur Kiyanovski <akiyano@...zon.com>,
	David Arinzon <darinzon@...zon.com>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
	Kamal Heib <kheib@...hat.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org (open list),
	Noam Dagan <ndagan@...zon.com>,
	Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>,
	Saeed Bishara <saeedb@...zon.com>,
	Shay Agroskin <shayagr@...zon.com>
Subject: [net-next 0/2] ena: Link IRQs, queues, and NAPI instances

Greetings:

This series uses the netdev-genl API to link IRQs and queues to NAPI IDs
so that this information is queryable by user apps. This is particularly
useful for epoll-based busy polling apps which rely on having access to
the NAPI ID.

I've tested these commits on an EC2 instance with an ENA NIC configured
and have included test output in the commit messages for each patch
showing how to query the information.

I noted in the implementation that the driver requests an IRQ for
management purposes which does not have an associated NAPI. I tried to
take this into account in patch 1, but would appreciate if ENA
maintainers can verify I did this correctly.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Damato (2):
  ena: Link IRQs to NAPI instances
  ena: Link queues to NAPIs

 drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c | 38 +++++++++++++++++---

2.43.0