Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 09:23:59 +0200
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@...am.me.uk>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>, linux@...mhuis.info,
	ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: Bricked Thinkpad x220 with 6.12-rc0

Hi!

> > > No beep?
> >
> > No beep. And no beep when I tried booting with RAM removed.
>
>  According to:
> <https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x220_x220i_x220tablet_x220itablet_ug_en.pdf>
> pulsating power-on LED indicates the sleep mode:
>
> "The power switch stays lit whenever the computer is on, blinks when the
> computer is in sleep (standby) mode, and is off when the computer is
> off."

So... I disconnected CMOS battery and now I have two different
blinking patterns. I googled a bit, and it seems it is symptom of some
PROM failing. So likely Linux had nothing to do with this, and sorry
for the noise.

I have X230 now. Suspend/resume works without bricking it with
(different?) 6.12-rc0. I hate the keyboard, and X230 came with bad
battery and won't charge X220's battery (bad Lenovo!!), so I got
another X220. If this one dies with blinking LED, I'll certainly let
the world know.

Best regards (and thanks for all the help),
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (196 bytes)