Date: Wed,  2 Oct 2024 17:10:53 +0100
From: Conor Dooley <conor@...nel.org>
To: linux-riscv@...ts.infradead.org
Cc: conor@...nel.org,
	Conor Dooley <conor.dooley@...rochip.com>,
	Rob Herring <robh@...nel.org>,
	Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk+dt@...nel.org>,
	Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@...ive.com>,
	Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...belt.com>,
	Clément Léger <cleger@...osinc.com>,
	Andy Chiu <andybnac@...il.com>,
	devicetree@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [RFC v1 0/5] Add some validation for vector, vector crypto and fp stuff

From: Conor Dooley <conor.dooley@...rochip.com>

Yo,

Kinda RFC as I want to see what people think of this.

This series is partly leveraging Clement's work adding a validate
callback in the extension detection code so that things like checking
for whether a vector crypto extension is usable can be done like:
	has_extension(<vector crypto>)
rather than
	has_vector() && has_extension(<vector crypto>)
which Eric pointed out was a poor design some months ago.

The rest of this is adding some requirements to the bindings that
prevent combinations of extensions disallowed by the ISA. I might have
gotten them wrong, but I have cited the bits in the documentation I used
for reference - so double checking shouldn't be /too/ difficult.

Cheers,
Conor.

CC: Conor Dooley <conor@...nel.org>
CC: Rob Herring <robh@...nel.org>
CC: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk+dt@...nel.org>
CC: Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@...ive.com>
CC: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...belt.com>
CC: "Clément Léger" <cleger@...osinc.com>
CC: Andy Chiu <andybnac@...il.com>
CC: linux-riscv@...ts.infradead.org
CC: devicetree@...r.kernel.org
CC: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org

Conor Dooley (5):
  RISC-V: add vector crypto extension validation checks
  RISC-V: add f & d extension validation checks
  dt-bindings: riscv: d requires f
  dt-bindings: riscv: add vector sub-extension dependencies
  dt-bindings: riscv: document vector crypto requirements

 .../devicetree/bindings/riscv/extensions.yaml |  84 ++++++++++
 arch/riscv/include/asm/cpufeature.h           |   3 +
 arch/riscv/kernel/cpufeature.c                | 147 ++++++++++++------

2.45.2