Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 15:34:56 -0700
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@...ux.dev>
Cc: linux-bcachefs@...r.kernel.org, linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs fixes for 6.12-rc2

On Sat, 5 Oct 2024 at 11:35, Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@...ux.dev> wrote:

> Several more filesystems repaired, thank you to the users who have been
> providing testing. The snapshots + unlinked fixes on top of this are
> posted here:

I'm getting really fed up here Kent.

These have commit times from last night. Which makes me wonder how
much testing they got.

And before you start whining - again - about how you are fixing bugs,
let me remind you about the build failures you had on big-endian
machines because your patches had gotten ZERO testing outside your
tree.

That was just last week, and I'm getting the strong feeling that
absolutely nothing was learnt from the experience.

I have pulled this, but I searched for a couple of the commit messages
on the lists, and found *nothing* (ok, I found your pull request,
which obviously mentioned the first line of the commit messages).

I'm seriously thinking about just stopping pulling from you, because I
simply don't see you improving on your model. If you want to have an
experimental tree, you can damn well have one outside the mainline
kernel. I've told you before, and nothing seems to really make you
understand.

I was hoping and expecting that bcachefs being mainlined would
actually help development.  It has not. You're still basically the
only developer, there's no real sign that that will change, and you
seem to feel like sending me untested stuff that nobody else has ever
seen the day before the next rc release is just fine.

You're a smart person. I feel like I've given you enough hints. Why
don't you sit back and think about it, and let's make it clear: you
have exactly two choices here:

 (a) play better with others

 (b) take your toy and go home

Those are the choices.