Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 21:53:52 +0800
From: Haoyu Li <lihaoyu499@...il.com>
To: "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>, Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, chenyuan0y@...il.com,
	Zijie Zhao <zzjas98@...il.com>
Subject: [net/netlink] Question about the function `genl_init`

Dear Linux developers of NETWORKING,

We are curious about the function `genl_init` at
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.11.2/source/net/netlink/genetlink.c#L1912.

According to a history patch commit
(https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/5559cea2d5aa3018a5f00dd2aca3427ba09b386b),
it seems that pernet operations should be registered before
registering the generic netlink family. So we wonder if the order of
function calls in the `genl_init` should be adjusted.

Do you think a patch is needed for this?
Please kindly correct us if we missed any key information. Thanks!

Best,
Haoyu Li