Date:	Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:53:34 +0100
From:	Ulrich Kunitz <kune@...ne-taler.de>
To:	Daniel Drake <dsd@...too.org>
Cc:	Michael Wu <flamingice@...rmilk.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	John Linville <linville@...driver.com>,
	Luis Rodriguez <mcgrof@...il.com>
Subject: Re: zd1211 ported to Devicescape stack

On 06-12-02 13:55 Daniel Drake wrote:

> Ulrich Kunitz wrote:
> >I intend to track the d80211 stack, care for the forward porting
> >and see also a number of things, which should be done for d80211.
>
> OK, sorry for the false assumptions in my last mail.

It's true, I have not much time during the week to work on it. But
a few hours over the weekend are always possible.

> In that case, I guess we should both switch to developing zd1211rw on
> d80211 primarily. I am still interested in seeing stuff in mainline so I
> will spend time backporting some of the new developments (but nothing
> major).

That's ok. However I wouldn't like to step back from changes
simply to make backporting easier. It doesn't feel like things are
handled in the kernel.

> We should also use this opportunity to switch to developing in kernel
> git trees (as opposed to external kernel module git trees) for the
> d80211 port.

It shouldn't surprise you that I'm in violent agreement.

> To start with, I would ask you to pull my git tree then John (or
> Michael?) would pull from you. We should start this at the point when
> Michael's port enters wireless-dev.git
>
> What do you think?

I really liked the way it worked out between both of us. I think
the master branch worked pretty well and we hadn't a lot of
arguments about changes, which were put in there. So I wouldn't
mind if you would continue to handle the upstream also for d80211.
But for now I could agree to maintain the upstream branch. It
it works exactly well between the three of us, Michael could take
over that task also.

Michael do you agree on a common upstream branch, which only
contains agreed patches?

--
Uli Kunitz