Date:	Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:43:01 -0500
From:	Michael Wu <flamingice@...rmilk.net>
To:	"Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: dscape doesn't auto associate

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 18:23, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I have to manually associate the dscape stack with my AP. Is this way
> the code is supposed to work? Everything works ok after the manual
> association.

It's suppose to work with wpa_supplicant which sets every parameter.
NetworkManager uses wpa_supplicant so configuration can be pretty easy.

If you really want to manually associate, set the channel, (e)ssid, and
encryption (if any) in any order, and then set the bssid (ap) last. There
will be patches to allow association by just setting the SSID for backwards
compatibility with configuration scripts.

-Michael Wu