Date:	Fri, 09 Feb 2007 00:29:51 -0500
From:	Pavel Roskin <proski@....org>
To:	dsaxena@...xity.net
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linville@...driver.com
Subject: Re: Hermes PCI broken on 2.6.20?

Hello!

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 17:28 -0800, Deepak Saxena wrote:
> Running both 2.6.20 and 2.6.18, the hermes PCI driver (CONFIG_HERMES_PCI)
> gives the following errors. Card is a revision 1 chipset (Dev ID 3873).
> Note that when iwconfig is run a few times in a row, the error messages
> go away but they might just be getting ratelimited. Anyone else seen
> this?
>
> root@...40.20.173:~# iwconfig
> eth0      no wirhermes @ c8810000: Card removed while waiting for command
> 0x0021 completion.
> eless extensionshermes @ c8810000: Card removed while issuing command
> 0x0021.

I don't see any problems with orinoco_pci in Linux 2.6.20.  It looks
more like a hardware problem or some very old firmware.

Just to exclude possible problems with the driver that I cannot
reproduce, please try hostap_pci.  It supports all devices supported by
orinoco_pci.

You may want to send further replies to
orinoco-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net where it would be seen by those
actually using the driver.