Date:	Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:56:41 +0200
From:	Stefan Puch <stefan.puch@...l.uni-oldenburg.de>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: prism54: WPA/RSN support for fullmac cards

Hi everyone,

I found on this mailinglist the thread from chunkeey who added WPA support for
prism54 fullmac cards

http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg16224.html

The last days I tried to get this driver working, but I was not able to. After
"googling" and reading the mails I found that Jim Faulkner have had similar
problems, see posting on this mailing list here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-net/msg14821.html

So I tried to make hopefully "useful" debug traces, perhaps anyone can tell me
why it doesn't work?

The Hardware:
Access point: AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170 (last stable Firmware)
Laptop: Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook C
WLAN-Adapter: Netgear WG511 (Fullmac)

The Software:
- Vanilla Kernel 2.6.20.6 (WE-21)
- Wireless Tools version 29-pre17 (The main features is WE-21 support)
- firmware Version 1.0.4.3 (from www.prism54.org)
- wpa_supplicant Version 0.5.5
- as reference ndiswrapper version 1.41

First of all I tried the good old WEP encryption with the prism54 driver: No
problem, it works fine with the firmware 1.0.4.3!!!

Next step was to try get a  WPA connection to the access point. I can load the
kernel module, the firmware is loaded correctly, too.
Only the connection with wpa_supplicant doesn't establish (debug trace attached
this email), here's my wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
    ssid="puch.home"
    scan_ssid=1
    proto=WPA
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="ThisIsATestWPA-Key"
}

As reference I tried to connect to the access point using ndiswrapper and
wpa_supplicant (same wpa_supplicant.conf). There the connection is established.
I attached the debug trace, too so everyone can see where the differences are)

Please let me know, if there are important infos missing and CC me in any

Thanks in advance for any comment or help,

Stefan Puch

View attachment "prism54.log" of type "text/plain" (9301 bytes)

View attachment "ndiswrapper.log" of type "text/plain" (16580 bytes)

View attachment "we.log" of type "text/plain" (742 bytes)