Date:	Sun, 15 Apr 2007 02:49:28 +1000
From:	Paul Mackerras <paulus@...ba.org>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	kaber@...sh.net, poemann@...il.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: kernel BUG at net/core/skbuff.c in linux-2.6.21-rc6

David Miller writes:

> > It seems we fail to reserve enough headroom for the case
> > buf[0] == PPP_ALLSTATIONS and buf[1] != PPP_UI.
> >
> > Can you try this patch please?
>
> Any confirmation of this fix yet?

Indeed, ppp_async doesn't handle that case correctly.

RFC 1662 says:

      The Control field is a single octet, which contains the binary
      sequence 00000011 (hexadecimal 0x03), the Unnumbered Information
      (UI) command with the Poll/Final (P/F) bit set to zero.

      The use of other Control field values may be defined at a later
      time, or by prior agreement.  Frames with unrecognized Control
      field values SHOULD be silently discarded.

In what situation were we getting the frames that cause the problem?

I didn't see the patch (the message that this is a reply to is the
first one that I have seen in this thread), so I can't comment on it.

Paul.