Date:	Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:33:49 -0700
From:	"Laurent Chavey" <chavey@...gle.com>
To:	hadi@...erus.ca
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: is CONFIG_NET_CLS_ACT always set ?

On 4/23/07, jamal <hadi@...erus.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-23-04 at 16:08 -0700, Laurent Chavey wrote:
> > sorry for the trick question.
> >
> > I was simply making a modification to the skb tap code
> > to allow tcpdump to work on the slave interface and not
> > just the bonded one.
>
> If you dont mind: what is the goal? I am not sure i want to see the
> packets on a backup interface in a bond active/backup - but you may
> have some good reason.
this is for an lacp type bond where packets can come on
any of the bond links and we need to check for the exact link.

> > The code change requires a change to
> > the for loop code and it follow on to the call to deliver_skb().
> >

> Iam assuming you have taken care of the code above that which drops the
> packet if not destined for master?
yes

> > In the process of adding the code, I noticed that if (at least
> > that is how I read the code)
> > CONFIG_NET_CLS_ACT is not defined then
> > the last pt_prev is call after the diverter and bridge code
> > have handled the skb.  This would only occur for bridged skb
> > that one wanted to tap.
> >

> The bridge code does the right thing if you follow handle bridge.
> The old diverter (you must be looking at an old kernel, because it is
> gone) was supposed to be able to steal packets.
> I am not sure if that answers your question.

given 2 skb, both bridged (stolen) by the bridge code,
if CONFIG_NET_CLS_ACT is not defined, then it looks like that
only the first skb would be taped, the second one never makes
it to the tap.