Date:	Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:41:01 +0300
From:	Ranko Zivojnovic <ranko@...dernet.net>
To:	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>
Cc:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...pl>, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: + gen_estimator-fix-locking-and-timer-related-bugs.patch added
	to -mm tree

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 17:10 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Ranko Zivojnovic wrote:
> > Maybe the appropriate way to fix this would to call gen_kill_estimator,
> > with the appropriate lock order, before the call to qdisc_destroy, so
> > when dev->queue_lock is taken for qdisc_destroy - the structure is
> > already off the list.
>
> Probably easier to just kill est_lock and use rcu lists.
> I'm currently travelling, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Patrick, I've taken liberty to try and implement this myself. Attached
is the whole new gen_estimator-fix-locking-and-timer-related-bugs.patch
that is RCU lists based. Please be kind to review.

I've just compiled it against 2.6.22 together with sch_htb patch and I
am currently testing it. I will let it run until tomorrow or until it
crashes.

R.

View attachment "gen_estimator-fix-locking-and-timer-related-bugs.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (3817 bytes)