Date:	Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:23:07 +0200
From:	"Reither Robert" <Robert.Reither@...digital.at>
To:	"Francois Romieu" <romieu@...zoreil.com>
Cc:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Still problems receving multicasts with r8169.c driver from linux  kernel (2.6.22.1) + patches

Von: Francois Romieu [mailto:romieu@...zoreil.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Juli 2007 13:05
An: Reither Robert
Betreff: Re: Problems receving multicasts with r8169.c driver from linux
kernel (2.6.21.5)

Is there a specific reason why you did not Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org ?

Reither Robert <Robert.Reither@...digital.at> :
[...]
> Tested now with latest official kernel (2.6.22.1), happens the same way.

Ok. It's the expected result.

> Will now try to add the patches ...
>

> Can you give me a hint, which patch exactly could fix my problem ?

0020, 0021 and probably some bits of the merge with Realtek's driver.

Start gross and apply everything. It takes something along the lines of:
cat series | while read f; do patch -p1 $f; done

> Btw, some patches from your link
> http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.22-rc6/r8169-20070628/
> are not accessable (3, 9, 13, 18)

I have tried the four url below and they downloaded correctly:
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.22-rc6/r8169-20070628/0003-r8169-kill-eth_copy_and_sum.patch
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.22-rc6/r8169-20070628/0009-r8169-prettify-mac_version.patch
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.22-rc6/r8169-20070628/0013-r8169-small-8101-comment.patch
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.22-rc6/r8169-20070628/0018-r8169-add-endianess-annotations-to-RT-xDesc.patch

Can you check your command line or grep the tarball in the upper directory ?

Please avoid TOFU.

--
Ueimor