Date:	Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:38:58 +0100
From:	Alistair John Strachan <alistair@...zero.co.uk>
To:	Vadim Dyadkin <dyadkin@....pnpi.spb.ru>
Cc:	Robert Hancock <hancockr@...w.ca>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: troubles with r8169

On Sunday 12 August 2007 21:06:43 Vadim Dyadkin wrote:
> Robert Hancock пишет:
> > This could well be a problem with the nvidia driver as it shares the
> > same IRQ. The first step would be to see if the problem still shows up
> > without the nvidia binary module loaded.
>
> Thank for your answer. This problem never shows up if I use only nvidia
> driver (the work without network), or if I use only r8169 (without
> x.org). If I use both of them I have the hang. Usually the hang appears
> if OpenGL is used or network rate is maximal. I tested this regimes many
> times before.

If you haven't already, I'd drop linux-bugs@...dia.com an email to see if they
have any insight. Not that this can't be a kernel bug, just that it's a bit
difficult for kernel developers to debug when you're using a driver for which
we don't have the sources.

As for changing the IRQ assignments, I don't have any immediate suggestions. I
notice that this laptop has a dual core processor, so I'm guessing disabling
APIC isn't an option. Have you tried that anyway, just to see if the IRQ
assignment differs?

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

137/1 Warrender Park Road, Edinburgh, UK.