Date:	Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:43:16 +0400
From:	Badalian Vyacheslav <slavon@...telecom.ru>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...pl>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Tc bug (kernel crash) more info

Jarek Poplawski пишет:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 01:09:11PM +0400, Badalian Vyacheslav wrote:
>
>> Jarek Poplawski ??????????:

>>> On the other hand disabling local interrupts shouldn't be enough here,
>>> so it's really strange... Did you get this remotely? Are you sure LOC
>>> only? (Anyway this 2.6.23-rc4 should be interesting.)

>> Only LOC changes... icmp answer = 50-70ms... after 1-2 hours traffic
>> level is down and SI on CPU0 and CPU2 change to above 50%. ksoftirqd
>> free CPU usage. I have this bug 3-4 times in week. If you need info what
>> i can see only in bug still processing - i may try get this info for you.
>>

> Any additional info could be helpful. I'm not sure if all these
> computers do similar htb processing, or it's another problem?
> As I've written before htb before 2.6.23-rc1 has a problem with
> timer lockup during qdisc_destroy, so softirqs would be hit.
> If it's htb's fault 2.6.23-rc4 or my testing patch should help.
>
> I try to find in htb code another weak points. BTW, if during
> such lockups any processes are killed 'by hand' etc., without
> restarting the whole system, please let us know.

I will try patch ;)

"CPU Si" is another bug at another computer. - NAT
NAT: simple have iptables rules (NAT) and ipcad to generate netflow.
FW: have iptables rules to close FORWARD access and TC rules for shape.

Scheme of network:
CORE <-> (FW 2.6.22 and FW-BackupLink) <-> NAT <-> OUT_ROUTER =
500mbs/500mbs traffic

FW have kernel panics if i try Delete HTB class (i will try patch)
NAT sometime have "si usage bug" if traffic more what 250mbs.

txt.txt have dmesg and lspci -vv info for NAT

Sorry for my English spell

>> maybe help:
>>
>> 1U server INTEL, mb se7501w2
>>
>> nat-new ~ # lspci
>>

> lspci -v (or -vv should be more usable - but with dmesg at least)
>
> Jarek P.

View attachment "txt.txt" of type "text/plain" (50668 bytes)