Date:	Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:00:16 +0200
From:	Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@...s.ro>
To:	hadi@...erus.ca
Cc:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...pl>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Endianness problem with u32 classifier hash masks

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 09:43 -0500, jamal wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-11 at 15:25 +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
>
> > Yes, it saves one htonl() on the slow path!
>
> Would it feel better to say grew down exponentially from version 1 to
> 3? ;->

Not only it saves one htonl(), but also keeps the code readable :)
Computing offsets within the rtnetlink response skb and applying htonl()
there is quite tricky and might get broken if RTA_PUT() is changed.
Unfortunately I spent about an hour figuring out how to do that :))

The bad news is that today I haven't got the chance to work on the two
patches. But the good news is that I managed to finish the (urgent) task
that had been assigned to me at work, and tomorrow I will be able to
work on the kernel and test it leisurely.

> > > Please give yourself a little pat on the back for me.
> >
> > Wait a minute! Don't forget to take a picture or something!
>
> He needs the other arm for balance;-> so unless someone else takes the
> photo, i would say that should he be successful taking the photo, that
> achievement itself needs a double-self-pat-on-the-back (which i am going
> to say if he can also take a photo of needs to go on some records book)

I'm sorry to disappoint you, guys, but most probably I'll pat myself on
the back here at work, after I get enthusiastic about the patches. So my
fellow colleagues will take the picture for me. If I get really
enthusiastic, then I'll have my both arms available for patting :)

Cheers,

Radu