Date:	Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:00:38 +0100
From:	Francois Romieu <romieu@...zoreil.com>
To:	Denys <nuclearcat@...learcat.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: r8169 crash

Denys <nuclearcat@...learcat.com> :

> Before it happens on 2.6.22, i tried to attach good cable, plug-unplug,
> whatever, interface up/down - card still remains dead.

A few things have changed since 2.6.22 but I'll take that it is a
real bug and that 2.6.23 would not recover either. Can you fill a
PR at http://bugzilla.kernel.org, add a lspci -vvvxxxx and a dmesg ?

A dmesg including the watchdog message would be nice but if you can
not retrieve one, a dmesg from your current 2.6.23.x kernel should be
enough.

I'll take care of it once I am done with the sis190 watchdog failure
(nothing hard, simply ugly).

[...]
> I try to plug cable to laptop with rtl8139 and pc with e100 - it is worked
> when i shake bad cable(interface was going up/down as well), and good cable
> also worked fine, and never crashed. On 2.6.22 i was able to reproduce it
> easily, but later i can't cause it is server in internet cafe, and customers
> going crazy.

:o/

--
Ueimor