Date:	Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:24:54 -0500
From:	jamal <hadi@...erus.ca>
To:	Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@...p.net.lb>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: HTB/HSFC shaping precision

Denys,

You certainly make a very compelling case. It is always compelling if
you can translate a bug/feature into $$;->.

So in your measurements, what kind of clock sources did you use?
I think the parameters to worry about are: packet size, rate and clock
source.
I know that based on very old measurements i did on CBQ, regardless of
the clock source if you have a long-lived flow the bandwidth measurement
corrects itself. I wouldnt recommend going to CBQ, but a good start is
to test and post some results.

cheers,
jamal