Date:	Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:10:23 -0500 (EST)
From:	sreeniva@....psu.edu
To:	"Joy Latten" <latten@...tin.ibm.com>
Cc:	sreeniva@....psu.edu, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Labeled IPsec with NAT

Hi Joy,

>>I am working on setting up Labeled IPsec along with iptables nat
>>rules. Once I insert nat related rules, the ipsec connection breaks
>>and the system tries to re-negotiate and creates multiple SAs. I am
>>using 2.6.19 kernel (with Venkat's MLSXFRM patches & bugfixes). I
>>guess those were incorporated into the 2.6.20 kernel.
>
> Are you using racoon in ipsec-tools to create labeled SAs?
> If so, I recall seeing duplicate SA pairs being created
> while using racoon for labeled ipsec. We determined userspace
> should manage this.
> I posted a patch to ipsec-tools, but I don't think they
> ever picked it up... I do not know if this is same problem,
> but you could give it a try.

Thanks for replying. I am using racoon for testing. I searched for your
patch in the ipsec-tools, but couldn't find it. It would be helpful if you
could point me to the patch.

The reason I was debugging the kernel is because I was under the
assumption that the kernel should not invoke racoon if a matching SA is
available in the SAD (like in my case).

Thanks
Yogesh