Date:	Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:55:13 -0600
From:	"Kevin Wilson" <Kevin.Wilson@...trol.com>
To:	"Evgeniy Polyakov" <johnpol@....mipt.ru>
Cc:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: What was the reason for 2.6.22 SMP kernels to change how sendmsg is called?

>>do not express your frustration ...

wasn't frustration but rather playful sarcasm.

>>This was not a bug report at all...

Wasn't really meant to be a true blue bug report (my bad I guess). Anywho, I know you guys have big fish to fry so I tried to keep it short and to the point. I knew something had changed and I was truly stumped in trying to figure out what it was so I decided to ask for some general guidance.

>>Without having your code it is virtually impossible to say.

I know this is partly my own fault for not stating so explicitly in my first email. However, as I stated in my second email, I would have been happy to send it to anyone that expressed an interest (even though the issue wasn't interesting in itself) in my post. I just thought, being the experts you are, that having only the small subset of code that is actually involved in the offending call, you'd be able to say "go take a look at commit such-n-such" which you have now done. Thanks a million!

I'm not trying to start a nag war here, I know you guys are busy. Having both (mostly me) made pitiful assumptions I think we have reached an understanding on this (now dead) topic. I'm just starting out in the drivers arena with hopes of being a decent contributor to the kernel ecosystem some day so there will be some growing pains and this thread was one of them.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I appreciate them immensely.

Kevin