Date:	Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:51:05 -0200
From:	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...hat.com>
To:	Gerrit Renker <gerrit@....abdn.ac.uk>
Cc:	dccp@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [RFC]: Break up a patch in two (rfc3448bis changes to feedback
	reception)

Hi Gerrit,

	Please take a look at the two attached patches, they were made
from your patch "[CCID3]: Implement rfc3448bis changes to feedback reception",
that has this changeset comment:

----------------------
[CCID 3]: Implement rfc3448bis changes to feedback reception

This implements the algorithm to update the allowed sending rate X upon
receiving feedback packets, as described in draft rfc3448bis, 4.2/4.3.

The patch further removes two irrelevant states in TX feedback handling:

     * the NO_SENT state is only triggered in bidirectional mode,
       costing unnecessary processing.
     * the TERM (terminating) state is irrelevant.
------------------

	The second part "further removes", was made a separate patch
that I have applied before the rfc3448bis changes to feedback reception.
Doing it this way eases understanding the change as we don't mixup
identantion changes made due to removing the switch statement.

	The end result should be equivalent, but please take a look and
let me know if the algorithm was changed in any way.

Thanks a lot,

- Arnaldo

View attachment "0002-CCID3-Remove-two-irrelevant-states-in-TX-feedback.patch" of type "text/plain" (8110 bytes)

View attachment "0003-CCID3-Implement-rfc3448bis-changes-to-feedback-re.patch" of type "text/plain" (3398 bytes)