Date:	Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:12:30 +0100
From:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...ux.intel.com>
	NetDev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Top 10 kernel oopses for the week ending January 5th, 2008

> Rank 1: __ieee80211_rx
> 	Warning at net/mac80211/rx.c:1672
> 	Reported 6 times (11 total reports)
> 	Same issue that was ranked 2nd last week
> 	Johannes has diagnosed this as a driver bug in the iwlwifi drivers
> 	More info: http://www.kerneloops.org/search.php?search=__ieee80211_rx

Note that because we don't get the module list for WARN_ON, we don't
actually know whether all of these instances are from the iwlwifi
drivers. A few other drivers suffer from the same problem. In one of
these cases, iwlwifi was contained in the stack trace, but in the common
case that isn't happening because packet processing is delayed to a
tasklet.

johannes

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (829 bytes)