Date:	Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:01:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:	patnel972-linux@...oo.fr
To:	Jay Vosburgh <fubar@...ibm.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Bonding : Monitoring of 4965 wireless card

I try arp monitoring but it doesn't work! Test an ip, the interface must have an address, and the dhcpcd is launch by ifplugd if bond0 is linked ... so it goes around in circles.
So i return to miimon, and i figured out that bond detect when wlan0 is associated and set it active interface. But when i switch rf_kill it don't react. So i try to deassociate and magic it detect interface off!! I presume it is a bug of the wlan driver which not re-initialise the info on the wlan. So i made a small script in acpi to provide that behavior.

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Jay Vosburgh <fubar@...ibm.com>
À : patnel972-linux@...oo.fr
Cc : netdev@...r.kernel.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 10 Janvier 2008, 21h59mn 20s

patnel972-linux@...oo.fr wrote:

>Yes it's what i'm looking for. I don't understand how to change the
 arp_ip_target with the gateway, arp_ip_target is a module option.

    If you're running a relatively recent bonding driver (version
3.0.0 or later), the arp_ip_targets can be changed on the fly via
 sysfs,
e.g.,

echo +10.0.0.1 > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/arp_ip_target
echo -20.0.0.1 > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/arp_ip_target

    You can check out Documentation/networking/bonding.txt (in the
kernel source code) for more details.

    -J

---
    -Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, fubar@...ibm.com