Date:	Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:42:47 +0200
From:	"Denys Fedoryshchenko" <denys@...p.net.lb>
To:	"Bart Van Assche" <bart.vanassche@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: BUG/ spinlock lockup, 2.6.24

This server was working fine under load under FreeBSD, and worked fine before
with other tasks under Linux. I dont think it is RAM.
Additionally it is server hardware (Dell PowerEdge) with ECC, MCE and other
layers, who will report about any hardware issue most probably, and i think
even better than memtest.
Additionally it is very difficult to run test on it, cause it is in another
country, and i have limited access to it (i dont have network KVM).

I have similar crashes on completely different hardware with same job (QOS),
so i think it is actually some nasty bug in networking.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:24:56 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote
> 2008/2/15 Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@...p.net.lb>:
> >  I have random crashes, at least once per week. It is very difficult to
catch
> >  error message, and only recently i setup netconsole. Now i got crash, but
> >  there is no traceback and only single line came over netconsole,
mentioned
> >  before.
>
> Did you already run memtest ? You can run memtest by booting from the
> Knoppix CD-ROM or DVD. Most Linux distributions also have included
> memtest on their bootable distribution CD's/DVD's.
>
> Bart Van Assche.
> --

Denys Fedoryshchenko
Technical Manager