Date:	Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:54:05 +0100
From:	Andy Furniss <lists@...yfurniss.entadsl.com>
To:	unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
CC:	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>,
	Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml@...ooh.org>,
	Linux Netdev List <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [NET_SCHED 00/04]: External SFQ classifiers/flow classifier

Andy Furniss wrote:

> Looking at the sfq code it seems that enqueue doesn't init/zero allot
> for a new flow unless it's the first and most of what I see fits with
> this.

>But rarely it doesn't look like that's all there is to it.

Actually it fits perfectly, so that is all there is to it. Dequeue
dequeues first then checks allot so even if the allot is stuck at -20345
or something the flow will still get 1 packet per round which is what
I've seen. I first thought it should have moved towards 0 like it does
when it starts too high.

Andy.