Date:	Mon, 12 May 2008 15:36:57 -0400
From:	"Bonitch, Joseph" <Joseph.Bonitch@...ox.com>
To:	YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明
	<yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>, <dlstevens@...ibm.com>
Cc:	<davem@...emloft.net>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: IPV6 stateless address autoconfiguration

YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:
> In article
> <OFEAF0762D.B7C9C8DD-ON88257447.005CE64E-88257447.005D6A63@...ibm.com>
> (at Mon, 12 May 2008 10:00:21 -0700), David Stevens
> <dlstevens@...ibm.com> says:
>
>>> +         } else if (‾rt_expires) {
>>> +            /* not infinity */
>>> +            rt->rt6i_expires = jiffies + rt_expires;
>>> +            rt->rt6i_flags |= RTF_EXPIRES;
>>
>>         rt_expires is "unsigned long" -- won't the high-order bits
>>         be set on 64-bit machines? Also, don't you need to check
>> before the divide by USER_HZ?
>
> Oops, I'm afraid I sent a wrong file, sorry.
>
> This is the correct version.
> (...and I plan to come up with more fixes for real application on top
> of the net tree.)
>
> Sighed-off-by: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>

I did some testing with the second patch.  My router is still configured
to send RA's with prefix information valid_lft = preferred_lft = 0xffffffff.
It works except for one thing: the initial prefix route (after the first RA)
shows an expire time when using
   ip -6 route list
If I keep checking I can see the expires time counting down.  After some
minutes the expires field disappeares from the ip -6 route list output.
I tracked it down and it looks like when a subsequent RA is received
with the same prefix is when the expires time stops showing up.

Joe