Date:	Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:20:10 -0500
From:	"Kiran Kotla" <kotlakiran@...il.com>
To:	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: setting ICSK_CA_PRIV_SIZE larger than 16 * sizeof(u32)

Hi david,

Thank you very much for your response. I am new to this forum and not
sure if I could include you in my reply.

Well, we tried our best to reduce the size of our private variables.

The major consumers of space however are two arrays of 32 bit integers
each of size '8', which are used to estimate drop probability and
early congestion response probability (our protocol specific), which
cannot be reduced to be 16 bit integers and further the size of the
array cannot be reduced to some value lesser without degrading the
estimation of drop probability.

I guess the only way left is to have a trade-off between the
performance of our protocol and size of the array.

In any case, I was wondering if still there is a way to increase the
size of the blob, though we would not to increase the size of blob to
get our protocol running in the kernel.

Thanks again!
Kiran