Date:	Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:25:04 -0500
From:	<Mario_Limonciello@...l.com>
To:	<mgrollman@...us.com>, <matthew@....cx>, <romieu@...zoreil.com>
Cc:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>, <lkml@...anurb.dk>,
	<akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: 8169 Intermittent ifup Failure Issue With RTL8102E Chipset in Intel's New D945GCLF Atom Board (Not the Initial Modprobe Crash, Another Problem)

This is *not* just specific to your hardware.  I've encountered it on
two other platforms that have RTL8102's.  I posted some comments in
another thread the other day.

-----Original Message-----
From: netdev-owner@...r.kernel.org [mailto:netdev-owner@...r.kernel.org]
On Behalf Of mgrollman@...us.com
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:58 PM
To: 'Matthew Wilcox'; 'Francois Romieu'
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org; 'Kasper Sandberg';
akpm@...ux-foundation.org; linux-pci@...r.kernel.org
Subject: RE: 8169 Intermittent ifup Failure Issue With RTL8102E Chipset
in Intel's New D945GCLF Atom Board (Not the Initial Modprobe Crash,
Another Problem)

Matthew,

The only remedy I have found to date is a system reboot, sometimes a
soft
one will work, sometimes a full
power down is needed.  It may take a few boots to get it happy.  If I
can
get it to boot with the Realtek working OK, the system does not seem to
fail, even after hours of use.  So either it comes up working, or it
does
not.

But I am open to any ideas to try and correct!  I have an extra
motherboard
around, if you guys think it may be in this particular unit's hardware.

- Michael