Date:	Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:42:17 +0200
From:	Wolfgang Walter <wolfgang.walter@...m.de>
To:	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Kernel oops with 2.6.26 and ipsec

On Thursday 17 July 2008, you wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008 13:06 schrieben Sie:
>
> I started testing 2.6.26 but I get a kernel oops, so I switched back to
> 2.6.25.11. Here is the output of dmesg (no logging was switched on so I
don't
> have the complete oops). But it happened on several of our routers within
one
> day:

Here some further information:

* it happened on several routers when a lot of traffic was going over the
ipsec-tunnel, always with this oops

* I copied several times about 32MB via ssh to a router without using the
ipsec-tunnel (but the same interface) without any problems

* the same was true when the router had to route the traffic and no tunnel was
involved

* copying over the tunnel made this same router crash

* only routers with padlock seem to have this problem because I didn't observe
this on any router without it (i.e. athlons K7 or intel quad-core  - and I
tried the same things on them).

Regards,
--
Wolfgang Walter