Date:	Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	jarkao2@...il.com
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: READ ME, net-2.6 fully merged

From: Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:50:36 +0200

> A little btw. question: I know you are busy now with more serious
> problems and it's not for now, but: after the last net-next-2.6 git
> policy change most of the time neither net-2.6 nor net-next-2.6
> could be treated as current net state. I tried to stick to net-next,
> but it was idle most of the time.

I don't want to merge too much, but I did merge net-2.6 into
net-next-2.6 periodically.

Basically my main impetus to merge is when I know or sense that merge
conflicts are building up.

I would recommend that people work on the tree that is appropriate
for the work they are doing.  And outside of a merge window that
means net-2.6 for a bug fix and net-next-2.6 for new work (or bug
fixes to new work).

Inside of the merge window, like we are now, will have everything
going into net-2.6