Date:	Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:48:39 +0300
From:	Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@...p.net.lb>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: thousands of classes, e1000 TX unit hang

On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Jarek Poplawski wrote:

> > I can prepare provide details with graphs to private email and reasons
> > why i do that. With TBF i think i cannot use flow classifier, if i am not
> > wrong, i must attach classful disciplines. I tried to attach just pfifo -
> > and i fail.
>
> If such config works for you then why bother? I've some doubts, but
> not enough to study some graphics ;)

TFB just make linear fifo, if user put downloading large file, and he have
limit 256Kbit/s - his bandwidth and other apps will suffer.

If i put flow, SFQ or like i show rules - it will balance each flow to small
fifo, and provide fair bandwidth to each flow. Flow with huge load just will
have packets dropped more :-)
Means even if customer uses 256Kbit/s flat - his browsing still amazing
fast... (it is checked).