Date:	Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:21:17 -0700
From:	"Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	Tobias Koeck <tobias.koeck@...il.com>
Cc:	Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@....mipt.ru>,
	NetDev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: meant hlist_* - Re: hash_list and rcu locking question

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 03:49:43AM +0200, Tobias Koeck wrote:
> I mean the rcu function for the hlist_{head,list} ....

There are some examples in http://lwn.net/Articles/262464/

This document notes that updates must be protected by some sort of
synchronization mechanism, for example, a lock.  RCU protects the
readers.

Additional information is available at http://lwn.net/Articles/263130/
and http://lwn.net/Articles/264090/

							Thanx, Paul