Date:	Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:06:55 +1000
From:	Greg Ungerer <gerg@...pgear.com>
To:	Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@...gutronix.de>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Sebastian Siewior <bigeasy@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: [RFC] FEC patches

Hi Sacha,

Sascha Hauer wrote:
> The following patches apply to the FEC driver (drivers/net/fec.c). While
> found on several Freescale/Motorola chips, this driver is currently only
> used for Coldfire. These patches add support for the ARM based i.MX27
> SoC.
>
> I'm almost sure I break the driver for some (all?) Coldfire guys, but I
> do not have any Coldfire based board to test the patches on.

I can test patches on most ColdFire boards.

> The first 4 patches should be ok as is, comments?

Only the one that I commented on with FEC_FLASHMAC.
Otherwise the first 4 apply and work for ColdFire.

> The other patches are somewhat work in progress, but they show which
> changes I need for my hardware.

Currently the change to use dma_alloc_coherent breaks ColdFire.
I need to debug that and see why that is the case.

Otherwise they look ok to me.

> The driver could use quite some cleanup patches for coding style, turn
> it into a platform device driver and add exit functions. I'm sure I

Yes, it does badly need this. I have been meaning to extract
the ColdFire platform specifics for some time. That would improve
it quite a bit.

Regards
Greg