Date:	Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:55:33 +0530
From:	Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinder@...nel.org>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	shemminger@...tta.com, sam@...nborg.org, jaswinderlinux@...il.com,
	khc@...waw.pl, arnd@...db.de, mingo@...e.hu,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: why usr/include/linux/if_frad.h is required

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 15:37 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...tta.com>
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:38:38 +1100
>
> > There are no references if_frad.h in the version of Sangoma (out of
> > tree) code that we use in Vyatta.
>
> frad-0.20:src/dlcicfg.c
>
> It includes linux/if_frad.h and also performs the DLCI_SET_CONF
> ioctl.
>
> Enough evidence to show we need to keep this header in the
> export set.  Let's just kill the bogus CONFIG_* ifdef
> tests in there.

After killing CONFIG_DLCI and CONFIG_DLCI_MODULE, it is also killing the
kernel:

  CC      net/socket.o
In file included from net/socket.c:75:
include/linux/if_frad.h:170: error: ‘CONFIG_DLCI_MAX’ undeclared here (not in a function)
make[1]: *** [net/socket.o] Error 1
make: *** [net] Error 2

because these things still depends on CONFIG_DLCI:

struct frad_local
{
   struct net_device_stats stats;

   /* devices which this FRAD is slaved to */
   struct net_device     *master[CONFIG_DLCI_MAX];
   short             dlci[CONFIG_DLCI_MAX];

Are you still sure we do not need CONFIG_DLCI.

--
JSR