Date:	Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:25:24 -0800 (PST)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Parag Warudkar <parag.lkml@...il.com>
cc:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	Matt Carlson <mcarlson@...adcom.com>,
Subject: Re: 2.6.29-rc3: tg3 dead after resume

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Parag Warudkar wrote:

> Ok - I will run with it temporarily and will do what I can to track down
> what was wrong with the legacy PM.

If you can try the patch I just sent out, and use that as a base for
trying to track down why the heck the legacy code doesn't work, that would
be great. It might fix it (assuming my guess about "restore_state while in
PCI_D3 doesn't work" was correct), but quite frankly, it's equally
possible that it just makes things worse. But it would be really
interesting to hear..

Your machine does seem to be interesting, in that not only does it have a
PCI-E bridge in it (the eeepc I was playing around with at LCA does not),
but judging by the lost config state I also suspect that it actually loses
power during STR.

Which is not at all necessarily a given - I suspect it depends on just how
the power rails are set up on the motherboard. The fact that PCI-E bridges
have apparently worked for others implies that your problems don't happen
for everybody, and may relate to that issue.

		Linus