Date:	Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:23:09 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From:	"Brandeburg, Jesse" <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>
To:	Pelle Svensson <pelle2004@...mail.com>
cc:	"Brandeburg, Jesse" <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: Intel 82567LM e1000e DHCP problem/question

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Pelle Svensson wrote:
> Your assumption about the Intel AMT seems right!
>
> Log Tracking DHCP Request when plugged net cable in:
>
> - Power on and load Fedora -> No DHCP Request from BIOS until Desktop up
> - ifdown eth0 -> DHCP Request
> - Restart Fedora -> DHCP Request during the hole Shutdown process
> - Enter BIOS menu -> DHCP Request
> - Boot up Fedora -> DHCP Request from BIOS until Desktop up
>
> ifdown eth0 trigged the plugged net cable DHCP Request
>
> I tried to hit Ctrl-P frequently during the boot process but it newer display any
> management setup. I'm running Fedora 10 on Lenovo T500 bios 1.20 (6FET50WW).

Okay, maybe there is a bios setting you can change.

I am not experienced in configuring this on a t500, so I can't give you
direct instructions.

I did find the instructions on the Intel website that someone else on the
web said they were able to use to configure iAMT.  I think you're only
looking to disable it.

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/amt_quick_start_guide1.pdf

> Only AMT stuff I can find for Lenovo is related to Vista or XP, But that seems to
> for the OS not the BIOS. Can I load the Windows stuff and turn the AMT DHCP
> stuff off? I do have dual boot for XP on this PC.

I don't think that is what you want, or at least it might be more work
than you want.

let us know how it goes.