Date:	Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:09:42 +0100
From:	Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@...nsmode.se>
To:	leoli@...escale.com
Cc:	avorontsov@...mvista.com, Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ucc_geth: nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

Joakim Tjernlund/Transmode wrote on 23/03/2009 13:59:15:

> Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net> wrote on 23/03/2009 13:29:33:
> > Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > > There is no /proc/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack. There is a
> > > /proc/net/nf_conntrack though and it is empty. If I telnet
> > > to the board I see:
> >
> > That means that something is leaking conntrack references, most likely
> > by leaking skbs. Since I haven't seen any other reports, my guess
would
> > be the ucc_geth driver.

> hmm, I cannot see what in the ucc_geth driver is possibly "leaking". One
thing
> I do notice is that the board becomes almost unresponsive during the
ping flood.
> Perhaps it is building up a backlog of conntracks during the ping flood?
>
>  Jocke

next hmm, ethtool -S eth0 shows:
 rx-mismatch-drop-frames: 13

13 matches the number of lost frames after I stop the ping flood.

The MPC832x manual says this(if i found the correct counter):

REBASE+2C MisMatchDrop 32 Counts number of frames dropped due to MAC
filtering process, (e.g.
                          Address Mismatch, Type mismatch) and that would
otherwise
                          considered good frame that would be transferred
to upper layers

Why would a ping flood result in Address Mismatch or Type mismatch?

Leo?

  Jocke