Date:	Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:48:47 -0700
From:	"Ma, Chinang" <chinang.ma@...el.com>
To:	Matthew Wilcox <matthew@....cx>
CC:	Rick Jones <rick.jones2@...com>,
	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>,
	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>,
	"andi@...stfloor.org" <andi@...stfloor.org>,
	"arjan@...radead.org" <arjan@...radead.org>,
	"jens.axboe@...cle.com" <jens.axboe@...cle.com>,
	"Styner, Douglas W" <douglas.w.styner@...el.com>,
	"Prickett, Terry O" <terry.o.prickett@...el.com>,
	"Wilcox, Matthew R" <matthew.r.wilcox@...el.com>,
	"Brandeburg, Jesse" <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>
Subject: RE: >10% performance degradation since 2.6.18

On the distributing interrupt load subject.  Can we do the same thing with the IOC interrupts. We have 4 LSI 3801, The number of i/o interrupt is huge on 4 of the cpus. Is there a way to divide the IOC irq number so we can spread out the i/o interrupt to more cpu?

>Are the clients now pinned to the CPU package on which they receive their
>network interrupts?

Yes. The database processes in server are pinning to the socket on which they received network interrupts.