Date:	Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:50:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	eilong@...adcom.com
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, yanivr@...adcom.com, vladz@...adcom.com,
	gertner@...adcom.com, benli@...adcom.com
Subject: Re: [net-next 00/36] bnx2x patch series

Come on... 36 patches? :-/

Please trickle changes in, don't send patch bombs.  I think
I've told you this not once, but several times.  But I keep
seeing these sizable patch sets.

I frankly don't care that it might not mesh well with how you code up
and validate changes internally, because it absolutely does NOT work
well for how bugs really get found and fixed upstream.

If you trickle changes in, the guilty change is obvious to spot and it
gets found before you do more development that depends upon that buggy
change.

Whereas if you patch bomb, someone has to do a lot of work and
bisecting to nail down the bad change.  And the bug might be so
fundamental in a patch that it also invalidates all the followon
work you did.

I really don't want to apply any of this stuff, to be honest with you.
I simply don't.  I keep giving guidelines and they keep getting
ignored.