Date:	Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:52:12 +0200
From:	Markus Feldmann <feldmann_markus@....de>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Messages are printed on screen

Hi All,

i am setting up my Server, with Linux Debian lenny. Therefore i am using
  Kernel 2.6.31.1. I configured this Kernel with <make defconfig> and
<make menuconfig>. My motherboard has 5 PCI slots and 1 AGP slot. All
slots are in use. All devices are mapped to the following IRQ-Line:

Mass Storage Device (PCI Slot1)	IRQ-Line 11
Ethernet (PCI Slot 2) 		IRQ-Line 4
Ethernet (PCI Slot 3) 		IRQ-Line 5
Ethernet (PCI Slot 4) 		IRQ-Line 7
Ethernet (PCI Slot 5) 		IRQ-Line 11
Onboard USB-Controller		IRQ-Line 5
Onboard USB-Controller		IRQ-Line 4
Onboard USB-Controller		IRQ-Line 11
Onboard IDE			IRQ-Line 14
AGP VGA				IRQ-Line 11

As you see some of my IRQ-Lines are multiply in use, so my Server is
working hard at his limit. The result is sometimes freezing of my
Server, especially if there is much processing on these devices. I
remember that with Kernel 2.6.18 my system didn't does freezing.

So i am trying to reduce the amount of this processing. I still get
messages about dropped network packets on my Terminal, although i set up
my <rsyslog> to save this only to </var/log>. Here is my
</etc/rsyslog.conf>

How can i disable the output of messages (about dropped packets from my
firewall) to my terminal ?

How can i stabilize my IRQ-System with the kernel 2.6.31.1 ?

What debug features should i disable ?

regards Markus