Date:	Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:24:44 -0400
From:	David Dillow <dave@...dillows.org>
To:	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>
Cc:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS drivers/net cleanups?

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 14:52 -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> Ben Hutchings suggested adding a facility to
> scripts/get_maintainer.pl to print the role of
> each maintainer.  I added a bit more to print
> statistics about the maintainers and "-by:" lines
> from each git commit as well.
[snip script]
> There are many people described as MAINTAINERS for
> these files that have not had a single sign-off or
> commit in git history.

Uhm, I think your script is broken, as I've patched typhoon this year.
I've also ACKed a few patches that have been sent to me, and tried to
watch the list for patches that weren't.

> Should these individuals be removed from MAINTAINERS
> and added to CREDITS if not already there?

I think you should try to contact the ones listed and see if they are
still actively watching for their drivers. I've not had to do a lot to
typhoon, as there is no new hardware coming out, and while I've sent in
several Acked-by's, not all of them have made it to the final commit.

Just because there are few patches from the person listed as maintainer
does not mean they are not keeping an eye on things.