Date:	Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:07:45 +0200
From:	Yair Gottdenker <yairgott@...il.com>
To:	Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@...sinki.fi>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Increasing TCP initial cwnd

Thanks,

I already had a look in it. Their changes that are related to changing
the initial cwnd  (snd_cwnd) are in several places in the patch:
1. tcp_ipv4.c in function tcp_init_cwnd. since currently I am working
with no metric this is irrelevant.
2. tcp_ipv4.c: in function tcp_v4_init_sock, which I applied
3. tcp_minisocks.c - which I applied
. They patched kernel 2.6.18.8 which is very old and there were a lot
of changes since that in the kernel tcp layer. I didn't test their
patch but applying the same logic to 2.6.31.3 doesn't seems to change
initial window size.

It is clear that in order to correctly make the change to the initial
cwnd, one should apply changes to many more scenarios like setting the
initial cwnd after idle time and more. I want to proceed step by step,
first the naive changes to make it work.