Date:	Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:04:02 -0500
From:	"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@....edu>
To:	"Herbert Xu" <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>,
	"Stephen Hemminger" <shemminger@...tta.com>
Cc:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: How to use gretap with bridge?

Now I see it - Stephen actually had it right on - the problem is that
the gre tunnel is creating a MAC address on the fly based on the tunnel
endpoint ip address, so if the tunnel endpoint address starts with an
odd number, it hits the multicast check in the bridging code. (I'm sure
that's what he meant and I just missed it entirely.)

Simplest option would probably be to just mask off the first octet with
0xFD or using the ip as the last four octets of the mac instead of the
first four.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul@....edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Principal       KD0DMH