Date:	Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:45:24 +0100
From:	Sven Anders <anders@...uras.de>
To:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	shemminger@...tta.com
Subject: Bugfix for iproute2

Hello!

I already send this mail to Stephen Hemminger, but I'm not sure if it reached him.
but it did not work. Is this mailing list dead?
Therefore I sent this mail again over this mailing list...

I experienced an error, if I try to perform a

  ip route flush proto 4

with many routes in a complex environment, it
gave me the following error:

  Failed to send flush request: Success
  Flush terminated

I'm using version 2.6.29.
I check GIT, but there was only the "MSG_PEEK" fix.

I tracked it down to the rtnl_send_check() function
in lib/libnetlink.c.

In this function there is the following for loop:

        for (h = (struct nlmsghdr *)resp; NLMSG_OK(h, status);
             h = NLMSG_NEXT(h, status)) {
                if (h->nlmsg_type == NLMSG_ERROR) {
                        struct nlmsgerr *err = (struct nlmsgerr*)NLMSG_DATA(h);
                        if (h->nlmsg_len < NLMSG_LENGTH(sizeof(struct nlmsgerr)))
                                fprintf(stderr, "ERROR truncated\n");
                        else
                                errno = -err->error;
		}
                return -1;
        }

I think the "return -1;" should be inside the if statement.

I attached a patch for this. The first part of the patch is taken from
one of the late git commits.

Please note me, if the fix is wrong...

Regards
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <anders@...uras.de>                 () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

  - Benjamin Franklin

View attachment "iproute-2.6.29-flush.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (627 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (261 bytes)

View attachment "anders.vcf" of type "text/x-vcard" (352 bytes)

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (4888 bytes)