Date:	Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:12:13 +0100
From:	Ferenc Wagner <wferi@...f.hu>
To:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
Cc:	linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, linux-netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again

"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl> writes:

> On Saturday 28 November 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>>> A driver or one of the platform hooks.

>>> Compile with CONFIG_PM_VERBOSE (it does mean exactly that).
>>
>> The last message now was:
>>
>> e100: 0000:02:08.0: hibernate, may wakeup
>>
>> Looks like hibernating the e100 driver is unstable.
>
> Can you verify that by trying to hibernate without the e100 driver?

Not really, as I still can't reliable reproduce the issue.  Since I'm
running with suspend loglevel = 8, it's happened only twice (in a row),
with seemingly exact same console output.  Some earlier freezes also
happened in dpm_suspend_start, at least.  However, I can certainly add
e100 to SUSPEND_MODULES under /etc/pm/config.d, and continue running
with that.  Or I can try stress-testing the module, but not sure, how.
Interestingly, git log v2.6.31.. -- e100.c is tiny, but 8fbd962e affects
the suspend/resume routines through e100_up.  This could explain the
timing-sensitive nature of the issue.  I took the liberty to change the
Cc list, maybe linux-netdev can lend us a hand.
--
Regards,
Feri.