Date:	Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:29:54 +0000
From:	"Andrew Bird (Sphere Systems)" <ajb@...eresystems.co.uk>
To:	davem@...emloft.net,
Subject: Additional whitelist PID to the wwan whitelist in cdc_ether

Hi Dave,
	I wonder if you might accept this patch to add an additional device to the
wwan whitelist in the cdc_ether driver?

	In addition I wonder if the default interface flags are correct for wwan
devices? I would have expected to have 'IFF_NOARP' and 'IFF_POINTTOPOINT'
flags set, as this is essentially a ptp link that's not arp capable and
broadcast makes no sense. In any case for me I always have to turn off arp
with ifconfig to get any traffic through the device.

Best regards,

Andrew

View attachment "0001-Add-Vodafone-K3805-Z-wwan-device-to-cdc_ether-whitel.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (955 bytes)