Date:	Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:02:50 -0800
From:	"Allan, Bruce W" <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>
To:	Rainer Koenig <Rainer.Koenig@...fujitsu.com>,
Subject: RE: e1000e and  Intel 82578DM, 10 Mbit/s only

A patch to resolve this issue has already been committed upstream.

commit f523d2114e93c559dbcf1b49d46b339fc0eda37a
Author: Bruce Allan <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 29 13:45:45 2009 +0000

    e1000e: config PHY via software after resets

    On PCH-based (82577/82578) and some ICH8-based parts (82566) there is an
    issue with the hardware automatically configuring the PHY with contents
    from the EEPROM after the PHY is reset, so do the configuration by the
    driver instead.  This was already similarly done for some 82566 parts in
    e1000_phy_hw_reset_ich8lan() but needs to be done after other resets,
    so move the PHY configuration code to its own function and call after
    all PHY resets.