Date:	Wed, 5 May 2010 15:05:37 -0700
From:	Shreyas Bhatewara <sbhatewara@...are.com>
To:	Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>, Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@...are.com>
CC:	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>,
	"pv-drivers@...are.com" <pv-drivers@...are.com>,
	"virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org"
	<virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
	Pankaj Thakkar <pthakkar@...are.com>
Subject: RE: [Pv-drivers] RFC: Network Plugin Architecture (NPA) for vmxnet3

The plugin image is not linked against Linux kernel. It is OS agnostic infact (Eg. same plugin works for Linux and Windows VMs)
Plugin is built against the shell API interface. It is loaded by hypervisor in a set of pages provided by shell. Guest OS specific tasks (like allocation of pages for plugin to load) are handled by shell and this is the one which will be upstreamed in Linux kernel. Maintenance of shell is the same as for any other driver currently existing in Linux kernel.

->Shreyas