Date:	Sat, 22 May 2010 10:53:09 -0700
From:	"Rose, Gregory V" <gregory.v.rose@...el.com>
To:	Shirley Ma <mashirle@...ibm.com>,
	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>
CC:	"davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	"kvm@...r.kernel.org" <kvm@...r.kernel.org>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: ixgbe: macvlan on PF/VF when SRIOV is enabled

As of 2.6.34 the ixgbe driver does not support multiple queues for macvlan.
Support for multiple queues for macvlan will come in a subsequent release.

>Before I submit the patch, I want to understand the right index
>assignment for both rar index and VMDQ index, when SRIOV enabled:
>1. VMDQ index for PF is adapter->num_vfs, or 0? rar index is 0?
>2. PF's secondary address rar index is based on
>rar_used_count/mc_addr_in_rar_count?
>2. VF's VPDQ index is based on vf number?
>3. VF's rar index is vf + 1, or should be based on rar_used_count?
>
>I am also working on macvlan on VF. The question here is whether macvlan
>on VF should work or not? Looks like ixgbevf secondary addresses are not
>in receiver address filter, so macvlan on VF doesn't work.

The VF driver does not support macvlan.  Future releases may but there
are no immediate plans to support it.

- Greg Rose
Intel Corp.
Lan Access Division